Beeramisu by A Table for Two (via justbesplendid)
12 Savoiardi Biscuits
1 cup strong espresso coffee
1/4 cup of Amaretto
2 eggs (separated)
3 tbsp caster sugar
250gram mascarpone cheese
1 cup stout (250ml) stout, preferably coffee or chocolate stout
250ml thickened cream, whipped
Chocolate shavings for garnish
A handful of Raspberries
1. Combine stout, coffee and Amaretto in a bowl.
2. Add egg yolk and sugar in a bowl and whisk until thick and pale.
Add mascarpone and beat until just combined. Add 3 tablespoon of Amaretto and mix well.
3. Fold in the whipped cream into the mixture. Beat egg white until soft peak, gently fold it into
the cream, trying not to lose the volume.
4. Dunk the biscuits, one at a time, into the liquid. Layer the biscuit into serving glasses.
5. Spoon Mascarpone mixture over the top until the biscuit is fully covered.
6. Repeat step 4 – 5 until the serving glasses are filled to the top.
7. Top with chocolate shavings and raspberries, wrap each glass with cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or until ready to serve.